Saturday 14 June 2014

 photo post-mark.png

Depression kept me from blogging

So what took me this long to post a new entry?
Well, it was depression. My mood, again, took a down turn and brought me to dark places. Thankfully I am doing better now and I am back for good!

Why would depression keep me from blogging?
This is a rough explanation that most of you who are familiar with the symptoms of depression or other mental illnesses will probably (and unfortunately) understand.


1. I had no positive words

Because I was in a low point of depression I really had no positive words to share with you. I didn't feel much hope or illusionment for pretty much anything. At a few points I did consider writing an entry about how I felt but then I reconsidered it, realizing it was probably a pretty bad idea. I couldn't have transmitted anything good and I don't want to write in here when I am feeling like nothing is worth it, because I don't want to spread that feeling online. I thought it was better to retrospect on it when I was feeling better and more optimistic.
We all feel like that at times.
This is certainly not an easy road although I'd hope it was easier.
But we are not alone.

2. Depression keeps you from doing things that you like

That is one of the main features of depression: it stops you from having any sort of motivation.
Many times it stops you from doing the stuff you enjoy. I stopped reading for entertainment (and by this I mean books not related to my degree) a few years ago; and it's only this year that I have started again.
A few months ago I stopped doing yoga and it had been extremely difficult to find the motivation to sit down and write fiction again.
When I came up with the project of this blog I knew it was possible that there'd be periods of time when I'd stop because depression would stop me from doing it. However, I am very excited about this project and I am feeling better so I am back!

These 2 reasons take me to the topic I will talk about in the next entry: Things to keep you distracted from depression
I think it will be a very interesting entry. It will be out tomorrow. You should all definitely check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme