Thursday 28 August 2014

 photo post-mark.png

Depression challenge | Days 8 to 13

So apparently I'm not great at this 'blogging every day' deal. But in my defense I will say I found Day 8 really hard to answer. Also, it has been a bit of a hard time because I have had many ups and downs (especially downs) since the last time I posted. So I hope you can forgive me.

Also, follow me on twitter if you don't yet! I want to start conversations, talk mental health, recommend pages and some helpful tools against depression, tweet quotes I like, and even more personal tweets. I do tweet every day!



Day 8


A thing I wish people understood about me...
I have phases when I feel like I need to please everyone (or some people specifically). Some of you may not see this as a bad thing, but it is for me. I put myself last, stop considering my own needs.
Then I usually realize that I am doing this and manage to put my own needs first. It takes time and loads of effort to do this, but I usually manage to do it. However, when you have spent quite a long time putting everyone else's needs before yours, it is as if they took that for granted. They expect that kind of behavior. And then when I act putting myself first, they think I am selfish. Thankfully in the last couple of years I have had less episodes where I tried to please people.
But what I wish they understood is that I don't live to please anyone else. That I, like everyone else, have my own needs and wants. Although, if they don't understand, I don't even care that much anymore. Not to sound bitchy or anything, it's just the truth.


Day 9


There are soooo many causes I support and that would like to name here. But since this is a blog about mental health, I will talk about something that I think most of you will be interested in.

 Start a conversation about mental health

As a person who suffers from mental health problems but, more generally, as a person who has seen the effects of discrimination against mental health, I encourage you to make a pledge and start a conversation about mental health to help fight the stigma and put an end to it (click on the image). Make a pledge on the webpage, or start a conversation on twitter with the hashtag #TimetoTalk .

Time to change is an English organization set to fight mental health stigma, but people from all over the world can participate.

Day 10


I'm not going to answer Day 10's question which is: Say something a bully said to you that really hurt your feelings.

I think it could be triggering both for myself and for other people to write and read the mean comments that someone said to me.
We don't have to focus on what bullies said to us to hurt our feelings. We need to ignore the people who try to hurt us.

Day 11


A book that makes me feel encouraged is The secret life of bees by Sue Monk Kidd.

And a poem that has always made me feel encouraged is Invictus by William Ernest Henley

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I think whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

Day 12


Oh dear... Who made this challenge? Yes, Intuitive Dreamer did, she didn't know me.
You give me a camera and I like being silly. As in full-on-silly. (Little shameful secret I'll share with you: I love duck face selfies. There, I said it.) So for future reference, don't ask for pictures of me unless this is what you're expecting or else specify a bit more....)



Day 13


Last but not least today...
I feel like Demi Lovato is a great inspiration for young people battling with mental health issues.



P.S.: I'm ill so I'm spending all day at home, so this is probably not the last you'll hear from me today.






 Previous challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme